Friday, November 2, 2012

A Complaint, a Commendation and a Call to Conscious

Dear American Representative Government,
I would like to place a complaint,
I take issue with a type of your product placement.
The item in question is your democracy starter kit,
Product ID #107-56 "writing a Terrorist Watch List."
Formerly known as "How to fight a  Communist."
Subtitled as "Unmalleable  Leadership Replacement"
Originally sold as "So You Want to be Imperialist?"
See, the problem I have found is that the kit doesnt work,
and at first I thought maybe just mine had a quirk,
and I didn't want to say anything and be the jerk,
but I've looked and know where the problem seems to lurk.
I called some friend in Iraq, Egypt and Iran,
then a few more in Palestine and Afghanistan,
Guatemala, Panama and Bolivia,
Ecuador, Chile, El Salvador and Columbia.
Then I went and chatted with Cambodia,
alongside Laos, Vietnam and Korea.
Then of course Greece and Bosnia,
Germany, Poland, former Yugoslavia,
and they agree,
Your problem is that you think you can export democracy,
on the backs of bullets
that end up buried in the bellies of peasants
you need to know that this does not qualify as diplomacy.
Between Shahs, Generals, Presidents and all the problems you didnt see,
there is one fact, and this is key:
Violence is not conducive for a state that's free.

Dear Revolutionaries, marchers and occupiers,
protestors, and indeed all other kinds and creeds bullshit deniers,
I would like to issue some congratulations,
yes you are receiving most sincere felicitations,
as opposed to the usual martial condemnations
and the God-Bless-'Murica-screw-you-hippies  damnations,
You folks are my favorite flavor of societal aberration.
I want you to know that your faith is not misplaced
With heads hooded, hands cuffed and wrists chaffed
your cry, your pain is a prayer most chaste.
Know that in your stone and bars tabernacle
where you worship with chain and shackle
you can let loose a laugh, a delirious cackle
for you have the war, even if they have the battle

Now, to you average citizen I'm glad you have waited.
I need you to take these folks we've got nominated,
and work towards getting them defenestrated
they're just part of a system from which our problems emanated
let's get agitated, let's get aggravated
damnit folks we're so close we've almost made it
I have an idea and here let me demonstrate it
This all comes down to power, to information
so come here listen, I'm talking dissemination
cause I am sick of the freedom imitation
I want love and life, lacking limitation
and it all starts with a legitimate administration
free of big buy lobbyist contamination
free of candidates that are simply a sensation
I'm asking a lot, but your presence here is an indication
That you know something is wrong within our nation.
So this is what I've got to ask,
I know it seems like a daunting task
but this is something we can't just let slip past
and we have got to act fast
cause the way things are going this chance wont last
because we are lining up, our roles have been cast
the stage is set, the actors amassed
get ready folk, this will be a blast,
what I need you to do is simply say no.
Tell the leaders that you wont just let this go,
that your signs and songs are not just a show
that you really are in the know
and that once our chants start to flow
once our numbers start to grow
our trumpets start to blow
our hearts fires start to glow
that autocratic mountains will be laid low
the process is one that only starts slow
then picks up pace until it takes off with a country in tow.
Dear average citizen, it all starts with you,
it only takes one to start or maybe two
but in case I havent gotten this through
you have power, possibly more than you knew.








No comments:

Post a Comment