Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hands Talk

Our hands define us
Not in that they shape destiny
Nor in that they foretell the future
But in that they record the past
Scars, callouses stories of a life
I scratched at what hands meant
In The Process of Existence
When I feel hands as a general rule
I look for things, callouses of course
But also a strong grip tells stories
If a person has something to prove
They'll clench your hand like a vice
If they're personable they'll be firm
Weak handshakes burn me especially
You're meeting a person, that's important
It's an opportunity for you to connect
And weakness is what you show?
Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.
Knuckles talk too
Rough knuckles are angry
Soft knuckles are more calm
Nails are also a tell
Dirty nails mean a worker or a slob
Blunted, chipped, nails probably a worker
Long creepy nails with scum? slob
Clean nails mean lazy or clean freak
Short manicured probably clean
Long or chewed on lazy bum
I'm just saying hands reveal things
So I always look at hands
Maybe you should too

3 comments:

  1. Good thing you are not writing about your toenails...I'm just sayin'.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ammon
    It's so great to get to know you through your blog.
    YOu are a thoughtful and deep soul. Thank you for sharing. Nancy MacBride (VPT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew you were into writing, Ammon. I like it. It's really good and interesting actually. I think I might read this more often (:

    ReplyDelete