Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Drug of Choice

They say I'm not the type,
and sure I've never hit the pipe,
but don't believe the hype,
cause when the moment's ripe:
I'm a master of addiction
and Lord Almighty, is my drug lethal,  it's called conviction.
I could probably found as a picture next to the word stubborn in the book of diction
cause my need to be correct while you're wrong has become so strong it is now a restriction.
It holds me back from the light.
Like two good friends will hold you back from a fight,
or like a flickering street lamp will hold back the night,
or like gravity and calories hold me back from flight,
or like a muzzle can fail to hold back a dog's bite,
or like a BB gun can hold back a little boy's sight,
or like my XXXXXXL jeans hold back an ass that aint tight,
That's how bad I need to be right.
So yeah, I've never smoked a cigarette,
but my drug is worse I'll bet
see with smokes you can get like e-cigs or nicorette
but I dont know a good substitute yet.
So I can always be found, curled on the ground swearing: "No regret."
I probably wouldn't care about my grade,
like that's not how I get paid,
but for me the red exes on my test dont fade,
and I'd rather get checkmarks than get laid,
so buy magnets for the fridge cause my shit get's displayed.
Really though, y'all don't know how bad I get,
like sometimes I swear there's no fact I could forget,
So someone needs to call the vet,
cause I'm frothing at the mouth and need to be down,
don't look at me with that upset frown
what goes out always comes back around
and with all my bullshit outward bound
you don't want to be here when by karma I am found.
So you could say that I'm an argument whore,
can't you imagine me retching on the floor,
scrabbling, scratching, scraping at your door,
screaming: "Please tell me once more."
"You're right."

No comments:

Post a Comment