Thursday, April 21, 2011

Release

At some point there's no more space left
At some point there's too much weight to heft
To push up against, to force high into the sky
And I? Am I to simply step aside and stand by
As you rip, tear and destroy everything that I hold dear
You don't realize the need they have to hold you near
Hold you and hope, that maybe you wont ruin it again
A basic hope, that again and again you rip and rend
Made useless, in that it has been torn and tattered 
The things they wished for you have since been shattered
And here I  stand, too mad to beg but too scared to look away
So I fall too my knees, throw my head down and pray
I beg God to intervene, to cross that divide that you created 
To brighten your heart, to defeat your thirst that cant be slated
To do whatever is needed, to take you from where you stand
Refusing help, scorning aid, turning away each extended hand
Because I don't know anymore, I have nothing left to say
I have no olive branches unburnt no hopes for the new day
Too many times have promises been broken, chances squandered
Too many times has the path been laid bare and you still wandered
So now I'll stand back, I wont pull you away from what you become
But never forget where you once called home, where you came from
A house of sainthood, of sinners trying to make some light 
In a world where darkness is stacked against all the right
And you succumbed, you fell and you let yourself be taken 
Shirk the blame create the guilt but it is still your faith that was shaken
You stepped away from the promising future the plans and power
And I remember when once I was wrong and i looked to you in that hour
And you were good you reminded me of proper dos and don'ts
So maybe you'll return to that  man you were or maybe you wont


This is the first time I've done a poem this way, I kinda just let go of some things I had been holding onto and this is how it turned out, I know it's a little rough but bear with me.

God Bless,
Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment