Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Silent Language

There's something I need to say,
Words spoken in the language of silence
sighs that slip into unspoken soliloquies
that carry me to the edge of a stage
 that might as well be a cliff
and I cling to every 'if'
like a man fearing death clenches his crucifix
or a junkie on the corner clutches his fix,
I'm like the child of revolution raising my fist
my gesture says more than any single speech ever could
and I swear my heart bleeds more than I ever said it would
I let it lead more times than I should,
and I want to let my head take control,
but the heart holds the soul,
which defies reason
and like the changing of the season
it never stays cold,
but does once wither and freeze,
and I'm begging you please,
see past the ice and wait for the thaw
and now that even the unruled heart obeys one law:
that it must change.
and even though right now I am at the wrong end of this shooting range
I might yet turn a new page
and I know you're feeling a bit forsaken
you've been left by friends
that promised ends
but had not the means to hold them to the bitter finale
and if you're keeping track in your tally
the dashes and slashes
have turned into stabs and slices
from a blade that was made
with a goodbye bade
while a farewell was never proffered in trade
because some fires simply don't fade
but grow,
fanned by sighs holding soliloquies
and breaths that deny the heart its intentions.
So listen to this language of silence,
of forlorn fingers
and looks that linger
and know
your heart holds a home in mine.


Poet's Note:
I wrote this over a year ago, posted it in a video of poor quality and thought that was enough. So here is the written version

No comments:

Post a Comment